Protein helps you stay satiated longer and avoid dips in blood sugar levels that are typical when your diet is based on simple carbs. The following high-protein snacks are quick, easy, tasty, and will help you last until the next meal, avoiding unnecessary cravings.
1. Half a cup of 2% cottage cheese with 1 cup fresh fruit. This filling snack contains about 150 calories and 16 grams of protein.
2. One can of tuna in water, mixed with ¼ cup VOSKOS® Nonfat Greek Yogurt and chopped green onions, on a thin slice of whole wheat bread. 250 super satisfying calories, and about 30 grams of protein!
3. A slice of whole wheat bread, spread with one tablespoon peanut butter and topped with a sliced banana. 250 calories, 5 grams protein, and the fat in the peanut butter will keep you satiated forever.
4. 2 servings of low fat string cheese with ¼ cup dried fruit (such as raisins). 250 calories, 12 grams protein, and a winning combination of salty and sweet.
6. Scrambled eggs, made with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and scrambled in a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, then wrapped in a low-carb, high-protein tortilla (such as those made by La Tortilla Factory) with a tablespoon of salsa. The tortilla has 8 grams protein and 80 calories, the eggs add 10 grams of protein and 105 calories, the salsa adds maybe 10 calories (and healthy lycopene!) Total for this snack: about 200 calories and 18 grams protein.
7. Half a cup hummus, served with celery and carrot sticks (about 1 cup veggies). 250 calories, 10 grams protein.
8. The perfect summer snack: a fruit and yogurt smoothie, made with VOSKOS® Nonfat Greek Yogurt. Our Pineapple-Strawberry Dream contains about 150 calories and 8 grams protein per serving.
9. 2 ounces low fat ham, 1 ounce low fat cheddar and a sliced tomato, all rolled inside a low-carb tortilla. 200 calories, 25 grams protein.