‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin, and the combination of high-fiber pumpkin and creamy, high-protein VOSKOS® Greek yogurt is irresistible! We’ve been experimenting in the kitchen, making all kinds of yummy recipes. We are also fortunate to have several readers make recipes that use pumpkin and VOSKOS® Greek Yogurt.
If you’re excited about the new season as much as we are, we hope you’ll enjoy this collection of recipes. Let’s enjoy the flavors of the season while keeping our food healthy!
1. Make VOSKOS® Pumpkin Muffins. These yummy VOSKOS® pumpkin muffins contain about 160 calories, 6 grams of protein and 3 grams fiber. They are very filling. What a great way to start the day, especially in the fall and winter. They are absolutely divine with that first cup of morning coffee or tea.
2. Make VOSKOS® frosting for your pumpkin cupcakes. Frosting made with butter or with cream cheese is tasty, but it’s laden with calories and fat. Lighten things up by using VOSKOS® Greek Yogurt as the base for your frosting. You will need to plan ahead, since the yogurt needs to be strained overnight to get rid of the whey, but the savings in calories and in fat are significant. Here’s a recipe for Greek yogurt frosting.
3. Enjoy a Pumpkin-Peanut Banana Soft Serve, made with banana, pumpkin, VOSKOS®, cottage cheese and peanut flour. What an interesting combination of flavors!
4. Love the taste of pumpkin pie but not the calories? Whip up a bowl of creamy VOSKOS® Pumpkin Yogurt and enjoy the flavor of pumpkin pie, minus the hard work, the time, and the extra pounds!
5. Enjoy a refreshing glass of Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. 4 grams fiber, 26 grams protein!
6. Keep yourself warm on a cool fall night with some delicious cream of pumpkin soup, made with VOSKOS® instead of with cream, but just as creamy!
There’s more, of course, including pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin scones -all made with rich, creamy VOSKOS® Greek yogurt. The possibilities are endless!